Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Always a First Time

Ah, the maiden voyage. Where'd I leave that champagne... for the smashing against boats, of.

Here's what you can look forward to, you lucky reader, you. Poetry that I've just recently finished (and not so recently), updates on the progress of my comic book, Tuxxer, and of course, the deluge of whatever flotsam manages to drift out of my head and onto the keyboard, via my calloused fingers. I type a lot.

Why the name Tuxxer? Why not. Tuxxer is the name of a character (Yes, a vampire, I'm a dork, we're moving on.) I created about eight years ago, to enthusiastically embody my id. What I wanted to say, he said.

He's resourceful, clever, witty, and quite the smartass. His mission in fictional life is not to be in charge, but rather to be indispensable to whoever is. Too many people are after the head that wears the crown. He'd much rather be adjacent to the throne.

The other appeal of the name is that it is mine. The greats like Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Spider-Man; original characters with names that are just sum totals of other words. I invented the word Tuxxer, it sounds like nothing else in particular, I even trademarked it. I am trying to publish a comic book with the title, after all. When in doubt, make it up.

All right, I think that's good for the first verbal volley at your attention. Cheers, and be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home