Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Leta, Leta, Leta

I'd like to tip my non-existant hat to a lovely lady named Leta Hall.

We've been friends for nearly a year now, since a production of Six Degrees of Separation at the Silver Spring Stage. Her beau, David, was a costar of mine in the show. She blogged (www.letahall.blogspot.com) about me in September, and sent me a link. She said some genuinely nice things about my acting, and later congratulated me for getting into the show I'm in now. When I need a pick-me-up of the spiritual variety, I go back to it for the pat on the back.

Leta rocks, frankly. I use that term a lot, 'to rock'. It's simple, it's pure, it rocks. There is beauty in simplicity.

The thing that draws people to Leta is her open nature. She's 100% approachable. She's direct, an admirable quality we happen to share. She's also one of those people that I have never seen without a genuine smile on her face, which is infectious. Granted, there are vapid people out there that smile perpetually, that don't know any better. Leta isn't one of that sort. She's just remarkably adept at handling what life throws at her.

The other thing about her is that she's a girl. I'm not referring to the fact that she's female (which should be obvious enough from her name), but that she's young where it counts. Part of her has never grown up, and that's admirable.

I know my inner child is around here somewhere. Where he's gotten to, I haven't the foggiest. The poor bastard's probably lost, knowing me. And rather than stay put; he'll run around the entire mall, to places he thinks he's smart enough to deduce I'd likely go. Kids. What can I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home