Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Yesterday was a longer day than most, and leveraged with a less than satisfactory amount of shut-eye.

It was, as I’m sure other Marylanders are aware, quite hot yesterday. I packed an extra shirt for Othello, as I wanted to look my best for the performance. It turned out not to matter much, as the theatre (with bright, warm stage lights) was quite warm on its own. It was a fun experience, and one I wouldn’t mind repeating.

The other actors were very nice. I made some remarks about a goatee being a requisite for joining Equity, as most of my cohorts were sporting them. They assured me that when the time came, I could get a special pass for my hairless chin… Heh.

Pedro, my biggest fan not related to me by blood, was in attendance. He was kind enough to pick me up from the Metro, sorta. We had a difference of opinion as to the location of the bloody thing, and I trekked to his car. We then took off to find the theatre. Pedro likes to drive quite fast. He definitely has some sort of guardian angel watching out for him, because he’s never gotten so much as a scratch.

Anyway: after the show, Chris treated me to a celebratory Guinness, as is our hallowed custom. I buy his show tickets, he buys the beer. Sweet. We left the bar and Chris dropped me at where he thought the Metro was. I didn’t recognize it, but plenty of Metro Stations have more than one entrance...

Not Crystal City. The tunnel he saw was just a sort of breeze-way, and I ended up being a good five blocks from where I needed to be. By the skin of my teeth, I made it to the Metro in time to catch the last train for the night.

Didn’t get home ‘til after One o’clock, and after making lunch and whatnot; I didn’t actually crash ‘til almost two. I’m a bit tired this morning.

Still, it’s going to be another full day, so no resting on my laurels now. Coffee is my friend. And a goodly friend at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home