Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Fairy Tale Career Woman

A friend of mine, Amanda, works at a hospital in the field of Occupational Therapy. In an email, she mentioned this morning that a patient of hers with Alzheimer's mistook her for Rapunzel, due to her blonde hair. It’s too good to pass up. So, for your reading pleasure, I submit the following:

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your sweet splint!
My hands, they were smashed betwixt granite and flint!
My digits are stuck in a most painful splay,
(And I’d hoped to recover my typing someday.)

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, assist with my hands,
That no longer point, snap, or help with hand-stands.
Create, if you will, a device for these mitts.
These misshapen claws are really the pits!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, my fingers are pained!
I fear my sign language will not be regained.
Sweet Patron who, with locks of such glamour,
Swear not to hurt me with your OT hammer?

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, assist if you can.
A guy who can’t clap isn’t much of a man.
My wrists are in agony, my thumbs, they are worse.
No wonder I’m begging assistance in verse!

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, my hands need your help.
Deign to assist so wretched a whelp?
The keyboard is useless, my hands are too sore,
Not that I played the piano before.

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, I’m begging for aid.
For your timely service, you’d be well repaid!
The anguish I feel is almost past endurance…
Oh wait, never mind, I’ve no health insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home