Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Not That I Can Compete With Gonzo's Performance


Don’t know why I didn’t mention this sooner, but: I was cast in something!

Vpstart Crow’s production of A Christmas Carol opens in another few weeks, December 2nd. It runs through the 18th. I will be playing Charles Dickens, and narrating. Yeah, that’s right: Yours truly. Speaking at length before an audience. With an accent.

What a shocker.

I’m looking forward to it. The drive, she is a pain, but it’s worth it. Manassas is the farthest I’ve driven to perform, which may well confirm my status as a crazy person for undertaking the commute. Still, I’ve been wanting to work with McCall and this guy Jay since I saw them in Bell, Book & Candle. Jay plays one of the charitable gentlemen, as well as the Ghost of Christmas Present. (Technically it should be Christmas Eve Present, but that doesn’t really work, does it.) McCall is playing Mrs. Cratchitt.

The bee-sting here is that I don’t think Dickens interacts with either character. If I’m onstage with them at the same time (we’re still in rehearsals, I don’t know yet) I will be pleasantly surprised.

While I’ve got your attention, I also want to mention my fraternity brother Rick: He was cast in Noises Off!, which goes up at the very same Cramer Center only a few weeks after our show is done with! Can’t wait to see him perform again. In two words, he rocks.

That’s all I’ve got at the moment, people. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home