Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fair's Fair

Ladies and Gentlemen, I see it as only fair to parlay the good with the bad, and the bad with the good.

Today is one heaping, towering, pile of good. Start to finish, this is a dynamite day. Dynamite.

I’m writing. I’m making actual progress on my latest and it feels great.

The Discovery Education Cartoon has confirmed a second season, with more episodes. Production begins in January. My head just about exploded. I love doing voices, and now I can look forward to more time in the booth.

Tonight, my brother and I are having guy time over pizza, beer, and the Spider-Man movies. It does not get better than that. It just doesn’t.

* * *
A further word on last night: I had dinner with my friend Amanda. She metro’d up (as opposed to me metroing down), and we had Thai food, then hit the bookstore. No great extraordinary pastimes; just eating, talking, and lookin’ for books. And it was absolutely wonderful.

We push each other’s buttons. We poke. We prod. We match wits. We will, in proper conditions, roll down car windows on one another (or rather me to her) and threaten to jab a chop stick in the hand (her chopstick to my hand). When there’s someone around that can take that kind of abuse and give it right back… that’s someone you hang on to, I tell ya whut.

To cap off the evening, she discovered shortly after being dropped off at the Red Line that the tracks were iced over. All of ‘em. She called me, and I came and picked her up and drove her to her car. Her Knight in a Nissan. HAH. The blow to her ego at needing help was lessened (I hope) by the company she kept. Sure beats hailing a taxi. Yeesh.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I’m having one. I must’ve done something really right… I don’t know what it could have been, but I’m thankful all the same.

Shazam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home