Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

There's No Business Like Show-- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good morning, all you bright and shining faces.

I’m operating on about four and a half hours’ sleep! Hooray!

We wrapped shooting last night on MacGuffin, the student film at AU. It was a heck of a thing.

Playing the dirty cop to the hilt, and later informed I looked about as menacing as those vakokta Campbell’s Soup kids (THANKS, Steve), we shot the scenes where said cop pins the private eye to the wall and presses him to comply with our shady scheme. Mmm, Mmm, Good.

There were, naturally, delays. AU is close to an airport, and we had to stop every time a jet turbine could be heard in the background. It was cold as blue blazes outside and too warm inside to keep on the trench coats, so it was a constant on/off thing as we entered and left shoots.

This went on ‘til about 1:30 in the morning. We were, mercifully, shooting indoors once we hit the witching hour. At which point very sensitive motion detectors kept re-activating the lights in the whole building if someone was moving around in one of the classrooms. We had a handful of shots to get taken care of indoors, and the light issue cost us an hour.

(They captured on film one last unusable take, in which halfway to a door in a dim hallway, the lights spring on. I plummeted out of character, screamed in frustration, and proceeded to give the offensive light fixtures a double serving of the finger. Easter Egg, anyone?)

My costar, Steve, was kind enough to drive me to the metro. No; not the metro in DC where I had reached Tenleytown, the metro in Shady Grove. We had finished so late the Metro was closed. The good news is I saved six bucks on return fare & parking, and he and I got a chance to talk at length, as we drove through the falling snow.

Thank you, Steve.

I’m a wee bit tired. Didn’t get in until two, had a shower and collapsed into bed. Four and a half hours later, I fell out of bed and came slowly but surely to work. On time, thank God.

Will there be coffee on my desk, this morning? I think the more appropriate question is when will there not be coffee on my desk?

Hi Diddly Dee. The actor’s life for m-- **Face hits keyboard, forehead automatically narrates said collapse and sends to Blogger**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home