Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 02, 2006

Def-Con FIVE

There are occasions when one is given to dread: The chips are down, and disaster looms like a 300-lb. lunch-lady; ready and willing to heap on your tray the Sloppy Joe of Doom. (Which comes with the French Fries of Certain Death, or the Vegetable Medley of Unending Torment.)

I sit, facing similar uneasiness, in a building in which there is absolutely. No. Coffee.

The Cafeteria is closed. The various shops of convenience about the building are all closed. The question, “Why are they closed when we still have to show up for work?” rings in my mind with the clarity of a caf-fiend staring down the oncoming tsunami of yawns and drowsiness. In addition to having no coffee (or in subtraction, as the case fits), I won’t be able to get any milk for my cereal.

Shit.

There goes the planned breakfast and lunch. Oh, sure, I also have some fresh fruit and granola, but those aren’t going to get me through the whole day. Now I have to go out, for lunch. And spend money. The upside being, I’ve got that Starbucks gift card in my wallet… Mmm. Lunchtime Latte’.

I think I’ll live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home