Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, December 23, 2005

'Tis The Season

As I have no reasonable predictions on when I’ll be near a keyboard in the next 72 hours, I think now’s as good at time as any to take stock. Cheers.

It has been one interesting year. Broke into voice-overs, and with the home-owners still out of town, I hope to make myself comfortable. Here’s hoping.

Did a fair amount of writing this year, finishing at least one script, a screenplay pilot for Scriptapalooza, and hopefully before year’s end, finishing the first draft of another. Add to that a fair amount of poetry (with a surge in productivity this last quarter; gee I wonder why).

Got my first taste of WATCH awards, to which I’m looking forward to next year (and will dress fancier for). Had the best time of my life on stage, so far, with Nano. Had equal amounts of fun in the booth creating the voice of my first cartoon villain.

Made a few new friends, kept a few great ones, and re-found some old ones. Laughed, cried, and gotten drunk with most of them, at one point or another. Not all at once, friend-wise or activity-wise. Just saying.

Honestly, I can’t tell you if I’ve changed much in the last 365, or stayed exactly the same. I feel no different. Just… further along. Slightly more accomplished. (The Ruby Griffiths certainly didn’t hurt.) Beyond that, I can’t rightly say.

Be well, folks. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Chipper Kwanzaa to all of you.

I'm outta here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home