Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bah! Bush-League!

A Christmas Carol had its final show, today. Not the greatest swansong of the year.

One thing in particular took the shine off the apple: Rude audience members.

Not very many. Less than a third, much less. But you only need one bad mushroom in the sauce to ruin a meal. Which, they did.

Three parties showed up late for the show, and noisily found their damned seats. A fourth, giving up in the dark, decided to sit in the center aisle.

While this would normally just be incredibly rude, it was also stupid: Scrooge and others use the aisle as an entrance in the show. They were shown to seats, but it was distracting.

It’s not a big theatre. Every clanging chair was noticeable, and with every untimely entrance, as the narrator; I just took a few more seconds of silence while they got settled. I was livid. (That means I was angry, if any of the schmucks in question happen to trip past this.)

I know I ought to… be more forgiving. 'Tis the season, and all. But they were really pushing my buttons, boy howdy.

Got me hulk-mad. I had no problem laying it on a little thick at the scary bits, in the first act.

If you do come to a show, please get there on time, if at all possible. If you’re late, quietly ask someone in the lobby when a good time to enter would be. Turn off your cell phones.

Kaplahr... Grah. Both Kaplahr & Grah. Sheesh.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger mr.stinkhead said…

    HEY SORRY I DIDN'T READ THIS UNTIL TODAY - TUESDAY.

    DID I MISS ANYTHING?

    HAY LOOK! SOMETHING SHINY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home