Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, December 19, 2005

No Small Amount Of Oddness

The West Wing is on Bravo. I love this show.

Aaron Sorkin's dialogue (when he still wrote the show, mind you) has a cadence all its own. It's something I admire, and have yet to attempt in my own work. Gotta learn to walk before you can... plaigiarize another writer's popular style. *Weak shrug*

In any case. It's the first time I've seen John Spencer on screen since he passed away. I can't look at him without thinking, "He's gone now. There's a finite supply of his work on film. That's all there is." It feels very odd. Jarring.

I'll get the same feeling, I'm sure; the next time I see any of Richard Pryor's stand-up material.

Shit.

Am I being overly sentimental about two men that I've never met? Maybe. It's still... fresh in my mind.

I remember when John Candy and Chris Farley passed away. Phil Hartman, too. Other actors (and performers) have died, and it didn't leave me with this particular feeling. I don't like it.

Enough o' this. More to follow. On happier topics. Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home