Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Updates, For All The Hip Cats In The Know


It’s been a busy few days… I’ll say that again. It’s been a busy few days.

Christmas Eve was sterling, until I got up to read scripture at my Dad’s church and began reading the wrong chapter. I get about four verses into some decidedly un-Christmasy text when I hear my dad sharply whisper, “Wrong! Chapter!”

Heh heh… Oops. I quickly rectified it and apologized to the congregation, who were more than forgiving. I mean, I was in church, what were they going to do, start throwing stones?

Christmas was good. Boxing Day, equally good. In the interim I’ve started more than one or two blog posts, only to throw ‘em away. My attention has been quite divided, lately.

I’ve finished the first draft of my first full-length screenplay. When I say first draft, I mean it. I’m already forecasting some sizeable revisions; to say nothing of triple-checking any format problems. But that can wait. For Two Weeks.

According to The Screenwriter’s Bible (still a great present a year later, Thank You Erin!), I cannot help but benefit from two weeks away from anything having to do with this lofty creation o’ mine, which works for me. I can use that time to relax, find other things to do. But no looking at it for two weeks? Don’t know if I’ll make it, but I’ll give it the old college try.

I’m reading Son of a Witch, the sequel to Wicked, by Gregory Widen. So far, so good. (Thank you, Heather!) I don’t think it’ll occupy me for a full fortnight, but there are other things I can read and work on, too.

Tomorrow, I’m off for a night on the town. The holiday madness has almost completely passed, and I’m looking forward to the genuine, relaxing down-time.

This time next week, I’ll be psyching myself up for my first (and hopefully not last) recording session with the books-on-tape company I mentioned. I did mention it, right? Yeah! I’m doing half a dozen voices in their latest serial. Some of ‘em even talk to each other, but I’m being spared the vocal stress by the power of crafty editing. I’m actually DOING it… which feels damn good.

Have a terrific day, folks. More to follow.

Sooner or later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home