Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, August 07, 2006

On Writer's Block


Yesterday, I got absolutely jack squat done, writing-wise. That's okay. It was Sunday, known as 'a day of rest'.

Still-- I would have liked to have made some progress if I could help it. I'm working on a few things at the moment; namely transcription and script-writing (for projects I can't wait to divulge more on). For the life of me, I just couldn't make a dent in any of it.

That was yesterday. This morning, I seemed to be back under my own steam again.

I just don't know what it is. Was it a funk? Was it a slump? Was it just a mundane 24-hour block on the brain? Who knows. The day we figure out how the hell Writer's Block works is a day a lot of people toss out their squeezy stress balls. (I don't have one, I'm just sayin'.)

In any case, I'm grateful I only get the occasional case of the stuff. If it happened more often... Well. Let's not dwell on the possibilities.

Ciao for now, folks. Back to it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home