Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, October 30, 2006

Evidently Serving Up More Than Coffee, These Days


I was in town yesterday, enjoying some coffee with my Dad & Elaine; to (belatedly) celebrate his birthday. We were chatting about things going on in their lives, in mine; such as the move to New York and a recent voice-over gig.

"...went great. The demo will be shown to them next week and that kid isn't wearing pants. What??"

A barely potty-trained three year old who had yet to develop a sense of modesty came out of the bathroom and proudly(?) lifted her dress to show her mother; while simultaneously mooning the Joneses. The mom didn't bat an eye. I suddenly decided that my shoes were fascinating, and gave them a close inspection.

"Dad. Is the kid dressed yet?"

"Uh, nope."

"Okay. Let me know when."

A little (and I mean little) afternoon burlesque is all well and good, but... Well. A little afternoon burlesque isn't good. Not in your local Starbucks, and not from the wee tykes.

Insert your own jokes here, folks. I got nothin'.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my. I'm laughing out loud at my desk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home