Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, October 23, 2006

Now Entering The Fourth Circle


I'm trying to work on a script that has been in various stages of Development Hell for what feels like at least a year. It could well be that long, I honestly don't remember when I started the damn thing.

Ordinarily, when writing a script, it takes a few weeks at most; once the plot's established. The things I write aren't notoriously long; something I've tried to work on. I'd like to pen a few full-length plays, if I can just get the words down and A) find a story that hasn't been done a dozen times already, B) pull together some characters and C) get 'em talking.

That's just it. I have the story. (Not mine.) I have the characters. (Also not mine.) I have the premise for wackiness to ensue. What I'm missing is... something I don't have a word for.

On using someone else's characters: I'm hardly the first. They're in the public domain, they're easily identifiable, which means making them funny will be a relatively easy job. The concept won't be a hard sell. Satire's always an easy sell.

Still. Getting them to open up and chat a spell is taking some doing. It's currently taking more doing than I can do... if that makes any sense.

*IQ drops 30 points* Urgh. Writing hard. *smacks keyboard w/ club*

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First poke-happy monkeys, now a club -- your keyboard takes a lot of abuse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home