Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, April 23, 2007

On Life In The Big Apple


I've been here about four and a half months now, and am feeling more at home. I've started working with an improv group and making friends; I work from home and I'm becoming a decent cook. (Decent, not super. It really helps that I've discovered pre-seasoned courses/entrees. Much easier and tastier than starting completely from scratch.) Tonight I managed a pot roast that was pretty darn good. Woo-hoo!

After four months of dismal/meager results on singlesnet.com, I've decided to step it up a notch and joined EHarmony.com. Half the notes I received on Singlesnet.com were from women who wanted me to sign up for streaming video (ew), and four out of the remaining five lived in other states or countries. Thanks but no thanks.

It's been refreshing to start contacting women with whom I actually have things in common. We'll see where it goes.

I hope you folks have a terrific evening, or at least a good night's rest. Sweet dreams.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You rock on with your pot roast! Sorry I couldn't join you. Maybe next time. Glad to hear you're making friends, too! Lord knows you need a good support system to live in this crazy city. :o)

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who is glad I introduced you to Trader Joe's? Hummmm?

    :)

    I'm proud of you. You are already quite marketable, and now you are adding 'chef' to your resume. Very good indeed.

    A

     

Post a Comment

<< Home