Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, June 20, 2005

Tomorrow's The Big Day

League of Washington Theatres Auditions. Bam. I’ve given it a great deal of thought and I *am* going with something of my own writing. It’s a bit more serious than previous works, so it hopefully won’t come off sounding like stand-up material. As before, it has the added bonus that the auditors will never have heard it before…

This is my third year attending the LOWT’s, and I’m wondering once again if anything will come from it. Please, keep your fingers crossed for me. I’ll be lucky to get any sleep tonight, that much I know for sure. Eeesh. Ninety seconds to show them what I’ve got isn’t long. Especially when they’ll have seen almost 800 others more or less just like me. Not long at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the stuff. It’s an incredible rush to head out there for that minute and a half and hopefully get some kind of reaction from the masses, but it’s a big investment of time and resources, too. I can’t help feeling that there’s some risk involved, even though it’d be a bigger risk not to go at all. Better to botch an opportunity than to miss it entirely.

As a completely random coincidence, it turns out that Beth has the same time slot that I do, so we’re going to the Round House together. Bravo for life’s funny coincidences.

That’s all I got. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home