Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Testing, Testing, One Two Three...

I didn’t want to jinx it by announcing it early, but today I did my first professional voice-over.

It rocked.

No, seriously. It rocked. I took a half-day at work to go downtown to DC, and visited Atlantic Video. They’re producing an educational video for the State Department, and I’m the narrator. How cool is that? They referred to me as ‘the talent’!

The tape is going to be used for high schools and possibly even college. There were 18 pages of copy, and we went over each one several times. “Sound more authoritative here”, “slow down the pace”, “do it sounding like Sean Connery”. While not a *practical* exercise, that last one was fun and solely for the producers. They had a good laugh.

It was all very snazzy. Atlantic Video definitely knew what they were doing. Plenty of water bottles on hand, good coffee, and the offices just looked great. I left them my information if they need my services again, so we’ll see if further work comes from it.

I am officially a voice-over artist. Bam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home