Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, RATS

Kaplahr. Ka-Plahr. Said it twice.

Seeing an opportunity slip through one's fingers is not a fond experience. It just isn't.

I auditioned something over a month ago for the League of Washington Theatres. Callbacks, while not expected, are hoped for with some fervency. I checked the phone messages at home last night, which had been beeping at me for two or three days. It took me that long to remember the voicemail phone number, and then the code to check the mail.

There were two messages of importance. #1. “Hello, I’m trying to reach Casey Jones, I’m with XXX Xxxxxxxxxxx, and I’d like to talk to him about an audition coming up this Sunday…” #2. “Hello, it’s me again. I’m just calling to make sure Casey knows about our auditions with XXX Xxxxxxxxxxx.” Auditions. Sunday. Found out about them Monday. Around 11 o’clock that night.

I called them today, just to be on the safe side… the film they were holding auditions for… has been cast.

Shit.

Needless to say, the voicemail number and access code have been scored into my brain. The next time the phone announces that it has messages waiting, I will check them with all immediate speed.

Nothing to be done now, of course, but to move on. Curses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home