Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Holding Up My End of the Bargain

A few months ago, I promised Leta that should Irma Vep win any awards, I'd recite a little something that she hopes will become standard practice among actors; namely thanking the person that suggested they audition for whatever show it is that wins the acclaim. After all, we don't get trees if no one plants the seed (acorn?) in the first place.

The Mystery of Irma Vep won the Ruby Griffith Award for Outstanding Achievement in a Play. It's an award to everyone involved, which seems only fair... Everyone did an outstanding job, and I'm lucky to have been a part of it. So here it is:

"Thank you for this major award. I have to tip my hat to my good friend Leta; who let me know about auditions for this in the first place. She handed me a copy of the script, and let me know when and where auditions were. Thanks, Leta."

Bam!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Leta said…

    You continue to rock, my dear. You are obviously a gentlemen of his word.

    And you are totally welcome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home