Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, July 01, 2005

Well, *That* Would Certainly Explain A Lot

It’s recently been suggested that I might have ADD, or some related disorder. Huh. That would certainly explain a lot. I fished around online and found a list of applicable characteristics… I checked off quite a few.

The most conspicuous ones included taking forever to fall asleep, fidgeting, being easily distracted, forgetting details to tasks, and answering questions before they are entirely asked. (I had the worst habit of answering rhetorical questions in my Ethics & Society class in college… used to drive my teacher up the wall.) Alternate means of thinking ought to go without saying.

It makes me wonder; why am I only recognizing it *now*? I had decent grades in school and college, despite the fact that my mind wandered, which might justify how it stayed under the radar. I always just took it for granted: Rapping my knuckles on any available surface. All the pet projects faithfully started and rarely finished. Being terrible with names. Dang!

Kind of makes me wonder about a few things, like A) What exactly I should do about it, B) What could change if I do, C)What I could have accomplished if I’d identified this thing sooner; with all of these questions dependant on whether or not I actually have it.

Certainly gives one food for thought. I can imagine certain friends and other people who know me well enough, reading this and shaking their heads. “It’s about time.” I don’t know. I don’t. But it bears further scrutiny.

More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home