Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Playwright Speaks!

It’s official, I have the dates that my one-act play is being performed! Woo-hoo! Strange Bedfellows is being shown as part of the Montgomery Playhouse’s One-Act Festival, at the Gaithersburg Arts Barn. My play goes up on the nights of Saturday, July 23rd and Friday the 29th.

SB is directed by Amanda Marie Imhoff, and stars Gary Sullivan, Jessie Joseph, and Chris Crockett. It’s the story of Molly (Joseph) and Daddy (Sullivan), who have just moved to a new town for Daddy’s new job. Molly’s first day of Kindergarten is the following day, and she’s worried because she doesn’t know any other children in town. Later that same night, Sal the Burglar (Crockett) breaks in through Molly’s window; and must convince her that he’s an imaginary friend in order for her to go back to sleep. High jinx ensue.

I’ve worked with Chris before, he’s got a great knack for comedy. I can’t wait to see what he does with the role of Sal. It’s so weird to write a show and then send it off like this. I have absolutely no hand in how Imhoff shapes the show… which is the way things ought to be, of course.

I hope you’ll be able to see it. I’ve got plans on the 23rd, but plan to be in attendance on the 29th. It’s the first time a play of mine has been on a real stage, so I’m all excited. Bam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home