Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Drum Roll, Please


Earlier this week and last, I alluded to an opportunity coming up. It was important enough to me that I didn’t want to jinx my chances by even mentioning it by name. Well… I don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Because I got it.

The Discovery Channel is hiring me to record some voices for an educational cartoon that will be produced sometime later this year. This... is a dream come true. I’ve always wanted to do cartoon voices, and now I’m going to be playing the villain of the show, the narrator, and a third character who is the target of the bad guy’s felonious deeds. We’re recording six episodes come Tuesday, in DC.

You may have noticed that I’m being less than forthcoming with the details about the project. Well, now that I have it I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot by blabbing too much before we even get to the recording studio, do I?

The studio that we’re working out of, Atlantic Studios, is just superb. They really make you feel at home, which just makes everything more pleasant in general. I actually ran in to a friend of mine from High School at the audition last week, which was a very welcome surprise. He was auditioning for another set of characters, so it wasn’t a conflict of interests to wish him luck. (Just kidding.) I don’t know if he was cast, but I’ll find out Tuesday!

Now, these episodes are going to be a direct-to-video set, for Elementary School Teachers to use. But there is a definite possibility that they could eventually end up on cable!

After it’s over, I’ll divulge as much as I can, or at least dish up a juicy story or something for your troubles. More to follow. I guarantee it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, Im still so proud!!

    Whoohoooo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home