Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

And The Other Thing


I try not to brag. I emphasize the word ‘try’ because among other things, I’m an actor. A fair number of us (although not a large enough to make a generalized statement, ha ha) enjoy bragging. Or just talking about ourselves at length. And I’ve got a Blog. Two Blogs. Sweet Merciful Crap.

ANYWAY. Not bragging, just updating. This website is named tuxxer.blogspot.com. That is the namesake of a favorite fictional character I’ve been working on for the last two years. Writing-wise, anyway.

Tuxxer didn’t fly as a comic book. It just didn’t. Too much plot going on (too many characters wanting something different from what the others wanted). Needed upkeep, like different artwork, that I couldn’t afford. Still can’t.

Despite the fact that my plots and characters didn’t necessarily gel as a comic, that doesn’t mean they couldn’t make a good TV show. Yep.

www.scriptapalooza.com is a very encouraging online contest that allows aspiring writers like myself to submit finished, polished screenplays for film or television. I've finished the first draft of Nocturne. With a full month before this season’s deadline to apply said polish. Shazam.

The winners of said contest have their scripts read by some very important studio reps. People get work as the results of this contest. I have no expectations. It’s true, my hopes are lofty, but my expectations are nil.

If Nocturne is as big (or small) a flop as the comic, then I’ll just have to start writing it as a novel, or series of novels. I could certainly go into deep enough detail. This story (and its various sequels) WILL find a venue, even if I just have to rant them on a street corner.

You’re welcome to join me for the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home