Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mmm, Punishment! I'm A Glutton For It!


Last year, I heard about the NaNoWriMo for the first time. It’s short for National Novel Writing Month. A few thousand romantic fools are going to try their hardest to cram 50,000 words or more into the space of 30 days, starting November First. Each.

And I’m one of ‘em.

Now, I’m not saying it’ll be Tolstoy pouring off these fingers, but dang it, it’s too interesting a concept not to try. It’s a hell of an undertaking, and knowing that there are thousands of others committed to making it happen as well… That’s kind of encouraging.

Do I know what I’ll be writing about? Not yet, I don’t. Characters? Setting? Plot? Not a clue. Which, if I understand it, is the way it’s supposed to be. Isn’t to say I’ll be flying completely blind, I just don’t have anything lined up yet. I can’t commit one word to paper until Midnight, November 1, but what the heck? I’m in.

I’m totally in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home