Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Yep, Fair's Fair

And as such, dear readers, I feel obligated to report the bad as well.

I had my second panic attack in two weeks, yesterday. After a year and a half of… ‘clean living’? I hate these things.

Once again, no idea what set it off; I wasn’t doing anything stressful, or otherwise taxing. I was only sitting at my desk, at work, when all of a sudden my heart began quietly pounding, and felt a tightness in my chest like some fat guy was just sitting on me.

It lasted nearly an hour.

I tried controlled breathing, I tried thinking relaxed thoughts, stretching out, so forth. While it did help, ultimately there was nothing to do but (as always) ride it out.

I’m grateful that this one didn’t carry any actual panic with it. No fight or flight, just a 100% useless adrenaline dump. Last week I was overcome with the need to *get out* and so I did. I spent ten minutes finding my cool, standing outside in the cold. This was at a rehearsal for Christmas Carol, before we’d begun. That was ten minutes.

I can’t remember the last time it was so persistent. Not to mention long. They usually lasted no more than ten minutes or so, this one just wouldn’t quit. Ugh.

I hope you all have a good day. I’m fine, now, but yesterday afternoon was a completely different story.

Not that I let it interfere with movie night with Andy. Man’s got to have priorities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home