Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oysters, Sushi, My Voice...


“Things that are raw!”

My voice has been scratchy and approaching sore for the last two days. I went to bed hoping there’d be some improvement, but no such luck. If anything, it’s gotten worse.

I sound like I’ve been screaming my head off for days. My voice is raspy, weak, whatever you’d like to call it, because I’m not going to call it a damn thing. At least not out loud.

I don’t think I’m sick, per se, just in a bad way vocally. That, and I feel dehydrated as all hell. I’ve been drinking glass after glass of water, not that it helps much. I had some tea yesterday afternoon, but the cafeteria didn’t have any honey.

Tonight’s rehearsal for Assassins should be interesting-- I play Sam Byck: a loud, obnoxious blowhard. That can’t talk. Right.

Crap.

The good news, such as it is, is that I don’t have another voice-over gig scheduled until this time next week. But I gotta take better care of my voice. This is ridiculous.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go to your local Health Food store and buy something called "Singers Saving Grace." It's tastes terrible, but really works wonders.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home