Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well.


It's been a long day.

Work was downright lousy; which it is completely entitled to be. Namely the reason it's called "work" and not "paid vacation".

I don't feel that today was terribly productive in a few respects-- I haven't heard from my penciller/inker in a few days, nor from the man supposedly producing my demo CDs. He's had plenty of time to get back to me on the particulars of the project. This is what he does professionally. I know I'm not a patient guy, but I do want to see my demos get shipped as soon as possible.

Rehearsal for The Complete Bible went swimmingly. We're going to be in terrific shape for Friday. All the pieces are there, now. A little fine tuning, and presto: Showtime.

Regardless of what did or didn't get done, the day was no shorter for it. At the end of it, I'm a shower away from hitting the sack and honestly, I'm not ready to sleep. If it's insomnia, I'm not surprised. I've read that you're not supposed to read or watch TV half an hour before hitting the sack, to help your mind unwind a bit. Or something like that.

I'd like nothing more than to install an off-switch for the noggin. Or at least a dial. That'd be good, too.

***
I know I'm pretentious and self-involved. I know I think too much. I know that pointing these things out doesn't make me unique or interesting; nor change anybody's opinion. People that don't know me and read this probably won't be surprised; people that do know me and read this won't care. They already know it. They've accepted it as part of the package.

So why bring it up? Frankly, because this keyboard confessional is the cheapest therapy I can think of, not including the cost of the actual computer. This is post number five hundred. Color me addicted.

Sweet dreams, folks. Be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home