Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Extra, Extra


Forgive the cheap pun, but the title is in reference to my recent and not-so-recent exploits as background filler. Namely, on the sets of the flick Step Up and the 9/11 documentary Countdown to Ground Zero.

The movie hits theatres August 11: The classic tale-- Boy meets girl, boy is issued community service, girl needs new dance partner, boy happens to be untrained savant in all things de la danse. Tension and class-clashing ensues. I'll be wandering through the halls as a student for (likely) all of 1.3 seconds.

Two days later, Countdown will premiere on the History Channel, at 8 PM. That one, I'm actually going to see. I play one of a dozen or more folks descending the staircase of the first tower. Wore a suit to that one.

Fun coincidences:
#1. Two projects that shot months apart are premiering in the same weekend.
#2. A make-up artist that worked on Step Up recognized me at the 9/11 shoot. She works with hundreds of actors that are in her make-up chair for all of sixty seconds apiece, and she recognized me. Completely random, but noteworthy none the less.

Tomorrow, I begin shooting a short flick for AFI. I play the goofball. I have at least one really good line, so it's going to be a fun couple of days. I may even get to wear my hat. Outstanding.

More to follow, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home