Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 24, 2005

Callbacks! Hooray!!

Good news, people.

The collective four-hour trek to and from Herndon on Saturday to audition for The Mystery of Irma Vep paid off. I made the callbacks! Woohoo!

Callbacks are tonight, when I will be missing my acting class, for the only time I can afford to. When I got to auditions on Saturday, I saw a copy of the rehearsal schedule. My heart sank a little bit when I saw that most of the rehearsals would be on Monday nights. I mentioned my conflicts on my sign-in sheet, and in person to the director. He said that it shouldn’t necessarily be a problem, as his own schedule was a bit hectic from time to time. My heart resurfaced.

The auditions were short but sweet. I got up and read for Nicodemus with a thick Cockney, and then for Lady Enid with a upper crust British with a falsetto. Yep. If I get in this play, it’s back to wearing women’s clothes. Heh. (At least this time I wouldn’t have to run around in high heels.) Then we did a short improv as Burt and Mary Poppins. I wasn’t Mary Poppins.

I’m crossing some fingers. Join me, won’t you? Callbacks are tonight, at a different theatre from the auditions. **Raises a glass** Here’s to finding the place, getting there in time, and just having a blast for the tryouts.

Adios, people. More to follow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home