Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, January 14, 2005

A Little Spring Cleaning

There’s a desk in my bedroom that hasn’t been so much a desk for the past few (okay, several) months, as it’s been a depository for unwanted papers, bills, and so on. Well, yesterday, taking a day off for feeling crummy in general, I looked at that desk and thought to myself, what the crap?

Having absolutely nothing better to do, I went to work on that thing with all the zeal needed for such an undertaking. I filled two trash-bags with old papers, letters, newspaper clippings, old phone bills, statements; you name it, it was on my desk. I also came across a memento or two that I did not want to get rid of, so I made sure they found a safe place to roost. Then, with my desk relatively spotless (except for the dust), I realized I could actually make a little office for myself. The basement living room has been host to my laptop, printer, etc. for far too long, so into my bedroom they went. The desk now has my computer on it, as well as some action figures, printer paper, and disks/files I need to keep Tuxxer organized. The printer is right next to it, on top of my bookshelf.

One change… begat many. To make room for the printer, I had to clear off the top of the bookshelf, which was host to numerous publications I doubted I’d ever read again. The books were off to the hospital thrift store and the magazines went into the trash. To make room for the computer and so forth on the desk, I had to move my alarm clock. That went on top of my dresser. To make room for the alarm clock, I had to sweep away old check receipts, loose change (went into a ceramic cup that was a Christmas present, I think), a CD case I haven’t touched in months now that my CD’s are in one of those big booklets in the car… you get the idea. Point is, my room is now in the process of actually getting neater. Truly, this is a dark time…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home