Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Writer's Block


Hrmf.

Every once in a while, it hits. One of the most reviled, feared obstacles to being a writer... And there's nothing to do about it. It just comes in and sits on your head, like a 24-hour virus (If only it could last a predictable amount of time; say, 24 hours.), and like the quicksand to your Artax it is, you're screwed. Struggle, you get nothin'. Accept it and remain passive, still nothin'.

I'm aware of the small irony of writing about writer's block. I could spew thoughts all day. What I was trying to do was write a sketch or two for the comedy troupe I belong to. I even have a premise to go on, but when I stare at that hungry white screen, the words just. Won't. Come.

I've been fairly lucky. It doesn't hit me all that often. Still, blocked I am and blocked I shall remain for however long it decides to stay. Curses.

**Twiddles thumbs**

Rats.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home