Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 10, 2005

Sazza Fraggin... (Expletive Deleted) Verizon...

I'm not all that crazy about bills. Call it 21st century irresponsible little me. But I DO pay them. An amount was wired on the 6th from my bank of choice to Verizon Wireless. Online banking is supposed to be all convenient and whatnot. Fast, easy, etc. I sent it on the 6th. Also known as four days ago.

They shut off my service today. I'll grant, there's a weekend entrenched in those four days. But COME ON! I tried to make a call this morning about the possibility of some Voice-Over work, but did I connect on the call? No. I got re-connected with Verizon, where they wouldn't accept my correct zip code (?!). I was also informed that each interruption of theirs would be 'assessed' (a nicer word than charged) to the tune of $15. I've tried straightening it out four or five times, each time they wouldn't accept my zip code.

Now. I've also been in contact with my Bank this morning, and they confirmed that the amount was sent through on Friday. It took them 24 hours to process it from my account to the Verizon people. They also confirmed that in all likelihood, Verizon would have it registered some time this afternoon.

Is that fair? The money hasn't been mine since last week, but they can take their time to acknowledge it, which could end up costing me more money? I'm going to give them another call this afternoon. Yes, yes I am. I'm going to give them a few hours to register that the money was paid LAST WEEK, at which time if my service hasn't been re-established, and any 'interruption assessment' is stripped from my bill, I will be rather upset.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and what not.

There's that line again: I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay.

Okay. So yes I do get angry at the bills. But only when the bills bite back. Sons of bi*****.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home