Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Time of Giving... Presents Wrapped With My Feet

I truly do love the holidays. "It's festive. You know... festive?" I love egg nog, I love spending time with family I haven't seen much, and I love picking out what will hopefully be nigh-perfect gifts for friends and family. I think I did okay this year, in that department.

What I don't love is wrapping the presents. I'm horrible at it. If it's a book or a DVD to wrap, that's one thing. I can usually manage okay. But if the dimensions of the precious parcel exceed an inch and a half in thickness, then I'm done for. I got my friend John an ****** ****** that he doesn't have, and once I was finished with the paper and tape, it looked like I wrapped it with my feet.

I considered using one of the oh-so-valuable gift bags that have become so popular in the last few years, but his ****** ****** won't fit in one. MAN I love those bags. They're sturdy, you can just slide the gift right in there, cover them up with some tissue paper, and bam. Instant mystery surprise present. I opted not to use any gift bags this round, except for a plush Oscar the Grouch for my co-star Andrea. (She already knows what it is, so it's okay to put it here.)

I figured, I'm 24, I should be able to master scissors, tape, and decorative paper. I'm not sure but on John's gift we may just have a draw. I didn't win, but the paper certainly didn't either. So there.

Hope he likes his ****** ******.

Happy Holidays, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home