Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A Magnificent Waste of Time

I find myself doing today, that which I spent the better part of yesterday... which is nothing. It's through no great feat of laziness, I simply have no tasks allotted in the current place and time. So be it.

How, then, does one pass the time? Otherwise, the time passes you... like a kidney stone. Writing can be good, unless you're not in the vein. I'm currently working on writing a new play (a drama this time), but the windows of proper mood to put fingers to qwerty are well-greased and heavy. They slide shut before you know it, and good luck getting them open again.

Reading the fine blogs of friends and loved ones is good for a larf, but unless they write compulsively, one need only check them once a day. Still plenty of time left over to kill.

For those like me, temporarily trapped in both boredom and solitude, may I make the following recommendations. I've got nothing better to do, and apparently, neither do you.

www.deepdiscountdvd.com The cheapest place to get movies, pore over it to your heart's content and buy someone something for Christmas, whydontcha.

www.millionaireplayboy.com My brother's website, and a damn fine one at that. (His staff writers are wonderful.) **Sprains arm patting myself on the back.** It has everything a young 20-something with a fondness for the 80's, Adam West, and every toy made in the last five years could hope for.

www.pvponline.com Heh. I love this one. A great on-line comic, one of the best I've found. It's free, it's funny, it's franchised. Rock on.

www.televisionwithoutpity.com Exhaustively detailed reviews of TV shows by bitter people with too much time on their hands and not much of a sense of humor.

www.quotationspage.com Wisdom for the masses in easy-to-swallow caplets. A directory of great (and not so great) thinkers, on an encyclopedia of topics. Bon appetit.

If those don't help you kill your day, than it may well be unvanquishable. Mine is yet to be defeated...

Have a good one, all. I got nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home