Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, December 06, 2004

Hooray For Being Assertive

Good day in the morning. Shazam!

I have to say, it's nice to find that being the tiniest bit pushy every now and again can yield pleasing results. How, you ask? And with what example?

I'm associated with a certain agency that, granted, used some pushiness of their own to get me to sign in the first place (but at the cheap rate I paid to record a Demo CD, it was a steal); and has done nothing since. I paid for a demo CD track to be recorded so I can start putting my voice out in the public and hopefully start getting a little work in that department. I'm not going to hold my breath, but the sooner I dive in, the better.

Due to the fact that I have a day job, the availability of recording slots has effectively been cut in half. Even more so with rehearsals and performances for Proof. After the last slot I tried for didn't work out, I walked away from it for a while. Nothing else to be done. So, now that my nights are once again free (or at least reasonably priced), I've been endeavoring to schedule a new recording slot. No such luck.

The agency didn't pick up the phone, so I left a message. Then a second one. I called the recording studio. Likewise frosty shoulders abound. So, what did I do? I got Assertive. Hooray!

I called up the Agency one more time, Saturday (when I know for a fact they are open), and left them a message saying that I had been trying to get in touch for some time. I'd paid for my recording time and was looking forward to using it soon. If they didn't get back to me, there was going to be a problem. (Didn't say what kind, but refunds are never fun, are they.)

Now, I've gotten two calls in the same hour from the agency, ready to make it happen. Shazam. I may not be the man from Monte Carlo, but I feel pretty darn good in spite of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home