Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Hooray For Taxes (Sarcasm Detector Explodes)

I don't cry when my dog runs away
I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay

Well, that's half true. I don't have a dog, so it's impossible for me to cry about its running away. Bills, however, are another story. I pay my taxes. I'm not chipper about it, but I do it. However, for doing my part, I expect Uncle Sam to do his in return.

Not making enough last year to pay out extra in April, and having expenses in the arts actually entitled me to a refund. Yippee Skippee. I take the government's advice and file my taxes online. I get a little confirmation email saying that it went through. Four months later, I get a letter saying they never got it. "Technical Difficulties." They were kind enough to supply a paper copy of the replacement document. So, again, I fill it out and mail it. That was early October.

I kinda need that money. Since complaining isn't going to do anything, I might as well just carp about it to you lovely people. Thanks for the ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home