Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Setbacks, Irritants... So forth.

The weekend has not been as satisfying as I'd hoped.

For one thing, Proof ended its run on Saturday night, to a great audience. Were it not for someone spilling water in the Light booth, the show would've been great. The lights failed to black out for half the second act, making between-scene entrances and exits an embarrassment. Nothing to be done about it, so no point in dwelling on it.

The other thing that couldn't have gone worse this weekend- I mailed the finished Inks from the first issue of Tuxxer to my penciller in Philly. He's got the biggest scanner, needed to finish the job. I sent it last Saturday, insured mail, and as of Saturday he still hasn't gotten it. I hope it's just the holiday surge that is slowing things down. If it got lost in the mail... that's two months' work and too much money down the drain. Here's hoping it's just the damn surge in the mail. I can't afford for it not to be.

Now, if I were a Buddhist, I'd have no trouble letting these... complications... roll right off my back. There philosophy is pretty simple. Don't worry about the things you can't fix, because it's out of your hands; and don't worry about the things that you can, because you can fix 'em. I have yet to really grasp it.

I'm trying, though. I am trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home