Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Sorry, IRS. I'm a Schmuck.

Oy.

A week or two ago, I posted a sarcastic little blog about the fine-running machine that is the IRS. I was under the impression that I was due a sizeable refund. This was after I received a letter in the mail, saying the paperwork never got processed, and so on.

Now, after getting gradually more upset about it, and a call or two with the IRS and my bank; I found that I was wrong. Wow. My first online retraction. Kinda stings a little...

I was wrong. The deposit, it turns out, was on time and in March. I just forgot entirely about it, and mistook my state and my national returns, or something along those lines. I'm a complete fool for getting all bent out of shape over it. Probably won't be the last time such a faux pas takes place. IRS, you have my sincere apologies.

Might have pulled something there, I think I need to lie down for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home