Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, December 20, 2004

"Worrying Will Do You... No Good."

Some days, it really just stinks to be a human being. I have an issue or two with control, personal and otherwise.

I know for a fact that, at the moment, there is absolutely nothing I can do to affect the situation regarding my inks for Tuxxer. They're in the unknown limbo of Sean's mail room. The things were signed for two weeks ago, and for whatever reason, never delivered into Sean's hands.

I'm a smart guy, capable of rational thought, but I cannot help but think about all the possible ways that this could have gone wrong. I inherited it from my mom's mom, her skills for worry were peerless. With my own fertile imagination to steer it, the sky's the limit.

I hate the feeling of not being in control. Not in control of the status of my package, not in control of my own nervousness over it. It's that simple.

The reason this is officially racking my brain is because of a possible loophole in the insurance side of it. Technically, the package was signed for. Not by the right person but by the mail room employee; but it was still signed for. What happened to it after that?? I don't know. But since 14 days have gone by, I can't assume it's good news. And since it's out of the post office's hands now, who's to say if I'll be compensated if it really has pulled a Jimmy Hoffa?

Shit.

Stupid brain, stop thinking about it. Got to find something else, that will occupy my time... Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home