Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Callbacks

Last night’s callback auditions were tough. The competition was down to me and three other gents of very capable skill. Everyone had strengths to be reckoned with. And the comic timing? We were nearly laughing out of our seats, every time a pair got up to read. Good material, and good guys playing with it.

The show calls for two actors to play eight parts, bouncing all over the place between accents, mannerisms, and costumes. Everyone got up to read with everyone, and it was never the same twice: Falsettos, some intentionally horrible accents, and great physical comedy. (In one improv session, I pretended to deck a guy with a chair. He’s fine now.)

I left the auditions feeling very good. Regardless of the outcome, I got a bit of a workout, and got to flex some comedic muscles at the same time, which is always a great feeling.

Speaking of the outcome: I heard from the Director, I got the part! I’ll be playing Nicodemus, Lady Enid, Alcazar, and another role. I don’t want to give away too much, so you’ll still come see the show. Now you just have to wait two months…

For info on tickets, just go here.


1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger John Connors said…

    Fantastic! It's a great egoboo to get through such a tough selection. Good luck with the show!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home