Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, January 24, 2005

Spreading The Good Word(s)

How does a Blog become popular, I wonder. Word of mouth or keyboard, I imagine. There’s something a bit satisfying about giving a nod in the direction of something good, something you think a friend and fellow reader might enjoy. “Check this out. It’s pretty darn nifty,” I’d say, pointing a friendly hand towards the newest verbal trinket to share.

It’s called Standing Room Only, by a gent named Hugh Elliott. I first came across it this afternoon doing a little surfing at one of my favorite places to pan for nuggets of wisdom; http://www.quotationspage.com/. On the subject of love (one of their quotes for the day) I was surprised that in with the quotes of Jane Austen and Ice T; they now included the thoughts of a blogger! Someone eloquent enough to have a book published of his thoughts. I checked out his page. It’s pretty darn sharp. He’s lucid, he’s witty, and just a hint acidic at folks who deserve it a little. I like his style. Take a look, you may like it too.

Or, “Check this out. It’s pretty darn nifty.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home