Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, January 28, 2005

Mmmmm... New DVD...

I love me some Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It’s a fantastic flick that harks back to the original Superman cartoons and the serial movies that kids could spend all Saturday afternoon in a dark theater enjoying. It came out on DVD this week.

Now, I’ve been pretty good about watching my spending, in efforts to save money for the completion of Tuxxer. Nevertheless, when I found out Sky Captain was hitting shelves, I knew I had to make it mine…

Earlier this week, there was a poetry slam (competitively read poetry) in Rockville at Barnes & Noble. It’s a monthly event called Poet-A-Tete. Cute, huh? I’ve been going to this event for more than two years, whenever I’ve had the fourth Tuesday night of the month free (rehearsals have barred this happening more often than not). They really enjoy my material there, and I love the chance to get up and holler indoors.

As a competition, there are prizes; namely gift certificates to the bookstore. I have one word for you: Sweet. For reasons I don’t understand, it costs more to buy something from the store than it does to order it from the website online. Shipping included.

Long story short (too late), I was able to satisfy both my craving to own Sky Captain, and my sense of thrift. Hooray for sweet, sweet compromise…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home