Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Crazy Low Blood-Sugar Craving Afternoon

It’s at least slightly odd that all of a sudden, this afternoon, about the time I usually get an appetite; my stomach skipped hungry and went straight to starving. I mean bloody ravenous. I microwaved and devoured my half-a-tiny-chicken (Cornish game hen), scarfed down an apple and a zip-loc bag of goldfish crackers, then nonchalantly made my way to a co-worker’s desk where she’s known to generously keep a bowl of mini candy bars. I was flat-out craving a Milky Way, which was fortunate because her cache happened to include one. I wolfed the miniature thing down in one very satisfying bite.

Well. That was weird. I generally don’t have much of a sweet tooth, I much prefer the salty stuff (Salted and roasted sunflower seeds are a good way to make me happy). Instead, for the ten minute feeding frenzy, all I could think was ‘More food. More sugar.’ Pardon the term, but I was jonesing pretty hard. And just as quickly as it descended on my taste buds, it’s vanished again. Sated, I hope, for a good long while.

Not that I have anything against candy bars. They’re darn tasty. But I’ve been eating healthy for some time, mostly, and I’d like to keep it that way.

Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home