Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Insert Product Placement Here:

Man. I’m fully aware that it’s 10 o’clock in the morning, but that doesn’t change the fact that I could really go for a pizza right now. If I had my druthers I’d order from Papa John’s. That stuff is cheesy heroin.

What can I say? I know what I like. Kung Pao Chicken at China Harvest. That Chicken Carbonara sandwich from Quizno’s. Good lord. It’s as if God just dropped a few recipe’s down to the mortals in charge of said establishments and whispered, “Psst. This is really good! Try making it.”

I love to eat. (The Master of the Obvious has reclaimed his title.) I love getting that feeling of being full. I love the first bite and I love the last one. I love extra cheese on a pizza with thin slices of ham… Not just for comfort food, but for when I feel like treating myself, which isn’t spectacularly often.

I like a good mild cigar, like a Romeo y Julieta or a Montecristo. I like a glass of bourbon on the rocks. I like sitting outside on a warm day with one of both and a magazine I haven’t read or a good book. A cold pint in a glass would also do just fine… (Drinking beer out of a glass rather than straight from the bottle is a habit I picked up from Beth.)

Hot coffee. Cold orange juice. Hot bagel. Cold beer. Hot pizza. Iced tea. Spicy chicken. Sweet green tea. Hot cigar (obviously). Cold whisky. Crisp apple. Cold milk.. Mmmm. Good times. Good times.

Dang. So many appetites, so little time. That, and so little money to buy that which would satisfy said appetites. Such is life.

Could still *really* go for a pizza, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home