Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, May 09, 2005

Say a Prayer & Cross Your Fingers

On Friday, I have auditions with the Chicago Shakespeare Company. It’ll be the first professional audition I’ll have had in months. I’m excited. I’m also nervous as hell, and don’t plan on sleeping regularly for the rest of the week… which is as it should be.

I would *love* to have work again in my field, real work. In the Spring of 2006, they’ll be performing at Stratford Upon Avon. Yeah. Swan Theatre. SHA. ZAM. Sha-freaking-Zam. I’m not one to count chickens before they hatch. I’m not one to put all of my eggs in one basket (ironically, both involving eggs). Still. If nothing else, I’m very excited at the prospect of real work, again. Which is enough to give it everything. And that’s all I got.

So say a little prayer, and cross some fingers. Because either way, Friday is going to rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home