Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Friday, August 12, 2005

Brand New Sh*t, Brand New Day

As I learned some time ago, any dramatic change is a stressor. Even change for the better. And it's been a change for the better.

My voice-over career is getting somewhere in a relatively short amount of time, and a personal dream is coming true for doing cartoon voices. The evil laughter I developed as a teenager is actually an asset. Who knew?

Meanwhile, at work, my supervisor has been nothing but understanding about this secondary career pursuit. Since my job is hardly a sizable cog in the industrial clock, the occasional half-day spent on my own will hardly keep it from ticking. Which is something I'm fine with, if the auditions keep rolling in...

A lot has been on my mind of late, and the written-down word seems as effective a medium as any. Someone may even read it!

I'm just... I'm at a loss for words. Aspects of my life are changing somewhat dramatically, and I'm left with this feeling of sheer disbelief. Good things are happening. Very good things.

Regardless, I continue to over-think, over-analyze, and scrutinize my every move. It's just how I operate. I don't know if I'd be feeling as good as I do if this Voice-Over job hadn't happened; and a mood based on accomplishment is the poster child of a fair weather friend.

Too much thinking, which is nothing at all new. However: I have new things to think about... and that makes all the difference in the world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home