Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

News, News, & More News


Good Morning!

A lot of news on a lot of fronts, so we’ll start with family and friends:

My cousin Lindsay is joining the military. I was concerned at first, but she assures me that it’s the right move for her. This young woman has a gift for languages like she kissed the Rosetta Stone (if it worked like the Blarney Stone). She practically majored in them in High School, and given the training Uncle Sam will give her and the *place* she’ll be doing her learning, it will suit her like… a really good suit. (What do you want from metaphors? It’s early.)

Lindsay’s sister, Kristin, recently gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She is the first one out of our generation to turn her parents into grandparents, and I think she’s going to make a great mom. (Although she and her husband Keith were expecting a boy… had to trade in a lot of things in blue for their pink counterparts. Whoops!)

Please keep my friend John in your prayers. His sister is terminally ill, and she could pass on any time. He and his family can use all the support they can get, right now.

My brother Andy’s house was broken into a week ago—no one was hurt and only a few things were taken, thank God. The good news is Andy has learned from past experience and saw that the things that were taken were insured against theft. Except for the beer. I don’t think he insured the beer that was stolen out of the fridge, from which I hope the burglar gets a wicked hangover. Jackass.

Today is my Grandfather’s 86th birthday, and it’s his first as a Great-Grandfather. I think the new role will fit him well.

Okay: tune back in shortly for news on yesterday…


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home