Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, September 19, 2005

Moot But Fun Anyway

Saturday Night, I had an Improv Show with The Comedy Pigs in Frederick.

We have a game where we ask audience members for suggestions, written on Post-Its. We leave the Post-Its out for them and then have an intermission. Last night, I noticed a couple attractive young ladies in the audience. Rona asked for suggestions from the audience and I chimed in "And phone numbers!" throwing them a wink. It got a laugh.

We got back from intermission. Tom picked up the second or third Post-It and along with an actual suggestion, was written a phone number. He read it aloud and then crumbled up the paper and tossed it. Dang.

Do I actually think one of those ladies wrote down their phone number? Not really. Could have just as easily been a fake number, or worse, the number of some guy. Not my thing.

But I digress: Regardless of its validity, the number got thrown away. But it's kinda fun to think about anyway.

Have a good 'un.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A lot of times you like to use needlessly big words in your writing to make you look smart. :D
    That's just my opinion apparently.

    Anyway, in this post you said you "elave" the post-its out. I'm thinking "Dammit, he's actually performed the impossible feat of surpassing *my* vast vocabulary.
    Blaggersnorts!"

    I thought about all the things I read, and then tried to figure out what type of fancy displaying talents are required for a proper elave.

    So the answer to the following question reveals my dumb-de-tude, regardless of which is correct.

    Is Elave a fancy word I could not define? Or the misspelling of the word leave?

    Either way, I'm stupid for not knowing which. A conundrum I do not often pursue.

    Too-shay old chap. Too shay.

    -Tom Aire

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Casey Jones said…

    I use big words because I *am* smart.

    And I just like having a large vocabulary. With the occasional typo.

    Thanks for scrutinizing over my every word!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home