Mental Flotsam, Mental Jetsam

Because the only thing that beats going crazy is going crazy with somebody else

Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

As previously stated, there have been bad ones, and there have been good ones. Today was a really good one.

I woke up and went to work, nothing special there. My parents, grandparents, and brother all wished me a happy birthday and called to do so. Sweet. I got emails at work from Bill and Leta, which felt great. Got through the day and came home in time to catch up with Nano! Woot! I haven’t seen him in weeks, and he comes up and gives me a bear hug that makes my whole damn day.

We went out to dinner and ended up at Howard Community College *right* on time to catch Bill, the director. Most of the cast was on hand (the rest will be there Wednesday), and we read through the entire thing. Nano was kind enough to read for Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, which I’ve known for months he would be terrific for; and I read for Igor.

It was great watching the actors react to each other, to hear the lines I’d written spat back and forth in real-time and just… made more real. Tangible.

Nano and I talked about all sorts of things; including a few slices of Irma Vep flashbacks, which was just as good. Nano was working as an extra on a movie a few weeks ago, when one of his co-stars *recognized* him from that show. He was grinning to beat the band.

We got back early enough that I could go for a nice 3-mile walk, something I haven’t had time for since Book of Days began. Got a good chance to clear my head and think.

Now, I’ve been reclining and watching Constantine. Writing a blog and chatting with someone I haven’t heard from in a while. Life is good.

Cheers, people.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday to you!!

    I'm glad we got to spend some time together on your birthday. Miss you and great job in Book of Days!

    (Check my blog, btw! =^)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home